Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I MISS: KELIS



I miss Kelis. Not the make up to break up with hubby bubby Nas. I miss Kelis - N.E.R.D.'esque blonde faded to a bright pink (yes I dyed my hair this color before and it was HOT...then I grew up lol) not quite understood and musically under appreciated Kelis circa the year 2000. Her first album Kaleidoscope was a heavily slept on CD. I was in college in ATL (CLARK ATLANTA people STAND UP) and was in love with her and only a few people shared my excitement for her music. Most thought she was crazy due to her first single I hate you so much right now. I thought it was genuis! The video, the song's concept spoke to me...call me angry but *shrug* I am sure we all can relate to what she was talking about. I revisit her first cd on a occasion and I am never disappointed and have grown to love and appreciate and understand it as the years pass. I suggest if you have not looked at the first CD Kaleidoscope in awhile (or ever..shame) then sit and listen to it...good music never dies..hence while we all still listen to Lauryn Hill (tear...that's a whole other blog). I decided to add two of my favorites from her freshman effort. Enjoy...And Dear Kelis..please come back and bring Lauryn with you...Please..I'll be your best friend (just don't tell Shené)

MeaLee 


For Shené




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with BLAKstar Media

Related Posts with Thumbnails