Friday, December 4, 2009

JANELLE MONAE - YOU

Good Morning fellow Starz...I know I am up awful early (early bird catches the worm right? barf lol). I was doing some errands yesterday and was listening to a mix CD I had made for the ride and fell back in love with an early song from my favorite artist (yup) Janelle Monae. Her song You off her early work titled The Audition. The lyrics and the easy melody makes me sink back into the music like a good ol' lazy boy recliner lol. I'm not sure who the male vocals are by but I like the whole idea of the song. One of my favorite lines is when he says "forget moving mountains, I'm flying home to you" I KNOW that's right boo! Sing it!....

Enjoy!
[this is another blog about JM - so what- say something *insert side eye here*]

MeaLee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this makes you want to slink back and relax!! I Love everything JM sings b/c her voice is so controlled and beautifully wild...thanx for posting it. Oh, and I believe the male voice is Scar. Love his voice too. WONDAFUL collaboration!

-rebeKah

Anonymous said...

Whoa, throwback! She has always been great. I love JM's voice, it's quite delightful and the organ is killing in this song:)

BLAKstar said...

thanks yall for reading and so so true!! GOTTA LOVE JM!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with BLAKstar Media

Related Posts with Thumbnails