Tuesday, December 29, 2009

LIL WAYNE SAYS FAREWELL



Lil Wayne performed for his hometown fans on Monday for what he is titling his Farewell Tour. He told his fans last night "I am nothing without you". The 27 year old Grammy award winning rapper Lil Wayne - born Dwayne Carter, plead guilty back in the fall to a weapons possession charge and will be sentenced on February 9, 2010. He did enter into a plea bargain that calls for him to do one year. Sadly this seems to be a ongoing trend within the rap community. Lil Wayne joins the likes of T.I., Lil Kim and many others who are or had to face real jail time. I am not sure what is going on in the community but something has got to give. It's not a good look on our HipHop culture. HipHop is supposed to be much more than guns, bullets, carrying weapons, drugs and jail time. I and most HipHop heads know this but that is not what the world is beginning to see. I know I may get into some trouble with our Lil Weezy fans, but I hope he does the year, that's the only way it's going to sink in..and do the year without all the comfy cushions of the country club style jails. *shrug*

MeaLee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with BLAKstar Media

Related Posts with Thumbnails