Friday, August 20, 2010

OPERATION BEAUTIFUL

Some people read the newspaper or watch the news in the morning to start their day. I usually don't, but what I will do is go through some of the blogs and websites I follow to see what the bloggers have posted. During my morning view of tumblr (make sure to visit BLAKstar's Tumblr ) I came across someone's post on this site called Operation Beautiful - they say they are "changing the way you see yourself one post-it at a time". I dug into their site and I must say I think what they are doing is...beautiful.

Operation Beautiful's mission is to end negative self-talk and to get people (specifically women) to see that when we speak negatively about ourselves it hurts us spiritually, emotional and physically.

The movement was started by Cailtin a 26 year old woman living in Charlotte, NC. She began by posting notes in restrooms, gym locker rooms, grocery stores and other places that random strangers could read and hopefully be inspired by the words of encouragement.

I am staring at the post-it notes sitting here on my desk..I think I will post some Operation Beautiful notes and I think all of you should too! Make sure when you do post some notes you email photos of them to Operation Beautiful as they like to read the notes and see the differences people are making, as well as they post a lot of them on their site . Email them HERE

MeaLee
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with BLAKstar Media

Related Posts with Thumbnails