Thursday, July 8, 2010

AVATAR RELAUNCH WITH EXTRA SCENES

James Cameron is on the verge of relaunching his mega blockbuster hit AVATAR LOS ANGELES (AP) - James Cameron is sending audiences on an extended tour of "Avatar" as his blockbuster returns to theaters next month with eight minutes of extra footage. It will be a limited release and it is estimated that a few hundred theaters will show it. Hmmm.. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Now you all know I LOVE AVATAR and it is one of my favorite movies I have seen it five times (2 in the theater and 3 times on dvd). I am not sure I would go to the movies to see just another 8 minutes of the film - then again I just might, the 3-D was awesome and it did add to the movie. [The 3-D] made me feel as if I was right there in the movie on Pandora. Anywho from a business standpoint James Cameron is a smart man. He may not have won an Academy Award for his movie but I guess that doesn't matter when you are busy counting all the 0's in the checks you get off the movie lol.
MeaLee


The Full Story story after the jump...


Via The Associated Press

Distributor 20th Century Fox announced Thursday that Cameron's special edition of "Avatar" will debut exclusively in digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D theaters on Aug. 27. Cameron said the added footage will include new creatures and action scenes set on the distant moon of Pandora, where his sci-fi spectacle plays out among greedy humans and the noble blue-skinned warriors who live there.

"Audiences repeatedly told me they wanted more of Pandora and wished they could have stayed there longer," Cameron said. With the new footage, the special edition of "Avatar" will run just 10 minutes shy of three hours.

The studio has not finalized how widely the film will play but expects it to run in a few hundred theaters domestically. The biggest modern blockbuster, "Avatar" has rung up $2.7 billion in box-office revenue worldwide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with BLAKstar Media

Related Posts with Thumbnails